Magic Lasso is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
As an organisation, Magic Lasso is committed to collecting as little as information as possible while still providing a service to you.
The personal information we collect include:
- The Magic Lasso website
(www.magiclasso.co) utilises Amazon
Web Services including Amazon S3 and Amazon CloudFront to deliver
the web pages to individual client web browsers. When you visit a
web page on the Magic Lasso website, Amazon CloudFront records:
- Client web browser agent
- Client operating system
- Country of originating web browser request
- Referring website domain
- The Magic Lasso app for iOS and macOS does not collect or request
any personal information.
- The app does not have access to information on any web pages or URLs you visit in Safari while the content blocking extension is installed. Safari manages the blocking of ads and user trackers via a content blocking list provided by Magic Lasso to the Safari app.
- While running the Magic Lasso app on iOS, the operating system may record App Analytics (https://developer.apple.com/app-store/app-analytics/) that are available to Magic Lasso via iTunes Connect. This information is opt-in and can be disabled on your device by following: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202100
- When paying for a Magic Lasso Pro subscription we may collect the email address associated with the subscription in order to provide support.
- When adding a site to the whitelist, Magic Lasso Pro subscribers may optionally choose to also submit the site to Magic Lasso. When doing so, only the website domain name (not the full URL) and a generated hash of that domain name is submitted anonymously to the Magic Lasso servers. No personally identifiable information is included with the submission. For domains that are frequently submitted, both the hash and domain name are stored on Magic Lasso servers. For infrequent domain submissions, only the domain hash is stored on Magic Lasso servers. Anonymous submission of whitelisted sites enables ongoing improvement to the Magic Lasso adblocking rules for all users.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Magic Lasso does not collect any sensitive information.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
In some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Magic Lasso will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
End-User License Agreement (EULA) of Magic Lasso
This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you and BentoCorp.
This EULA agreement governs your acquisition, Pro subscription purchase (“Subscription”) and use of our Magic Lasso software (“Software”) through the Apple App Store or Mac App Store (“App Store”).
Please read this EULA agreement carefully before installing, subscribing and using the Magic Lasso software. It provides a license to use the Magic Lasso software, Pro features via a subscription purchase and contains warranty information and liability disclaimers.
If you use the free version of Magic Lasso, this EULA agreement will also govern that usage. By installing the Magic Lasso software, you are confirming your acceptance of the Software and agreeing to become bound by the terms of this EULA agreement.
If you are entering into this EULA agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to these terms and conditions. If you do not have such authority or if you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this EULA agreement, do not install or use the Software, and you must not accept this EULA agreement.
This EULA agreement shall apply only to the Software supplied by BentoCorp herewith regardless of whether other software is referred to or described herein. The terms also apply to any BentoCorp updates, supplements, Internet-based services, and support services for the Software, unless other terms accompany those items on delivery. If so, those terms apply.
BentoCorp hereby grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Magic Lasso software on your devices in accordance with the terms of this EULA agreement.
You are permitted to install the Magic Lasso software (for example onto a Mac, iPad or iPhone) under your control. You are responsible for ensuring your device meets the minimum requirements of the Magic Lasso software.
You are not permitted to:
- Edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate or otherwise change the whole or any part of the Software nor permit the whole or any part of the Software to be combined with or become incorporated in any other software, nor decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Software or attempt to do any such things
- Reproduce, copy, distribute, resell or otherwise use the Software for any commercial purpose
- Allow any third party to use the Software on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party
- Use the Software in any way which breaches any applicable local, national or international law
- use the Software for any purpose that BentoCorp considers is a breach of this EULA agreement
Intellectual Property and Ownership
BentoCorp shall at all times retain ownership of the Software as originally downloaded by you and all subsequent downloads of the Software by you. The Software (and the copyright, and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in the Software, including any modifications made thereto) are and shall remain the property of BentoCorp.
BentoCorp reserves the right to grant licences to use the Software to third parties.
If you purchase a Subscription to enable Magic Lasso Pro features, you agree and understand that:
- The subscription is for the period and price presented in the Software at time of confirmation of purchase
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the cost of the renewal as per the originally presented subscription price
- Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings on your device after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased, where applicable
- Features, content and services provided by the Subscription may be altered, modified, removed or changed at any time at the complete discretion of BentoCorp
This EULA agreement is effective from the date you first use the Software and shall continue until terminated. You may terminate it at any time upon written notice to BentoCorp.
It will also terminate immediately if you fail to comply with any term of this EULA agreement. Upon such termination, the licenses granted by this EULA agreement will immediately terminate and you agree to stop all access and use of the Software. The provisions that by their nature continue and survive will survive any termination of this EULA agreement.
This EULA agreement, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with this EULA agreement, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia.