Magic Lasso is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
As an organisation, Magic Lasso is committed to collecting as little as information as possible while still providing a service to you.
The personal information we collect include:
- The Magic Lasso website (www.magiclasso.co) utilises Amazon Web Services including Amazon S3 and Amazon CloudFront to deliver the web pages to individual client web browsers. When you visit a web page on the Magic Lasso website, Amazon CloudFront records:
- Client web browser agent
- Client operating system
- Country of originating web browser request
- Referring website domain
- The Magic Lasso app for iOS and macOS does not collect or request any personal information.
- The app does not have access to information on any web pages or URLs you visit in Safari while the content blocking extension is installed. Safari manages the blocking of ads and user trackers via a content blocking list provided by Magic Lasso to the Safari app.
- While running the Magic Lasso app on iOS, the operating system may record App Analytics (https://developer.apple.com/app-store/app-analytics/) that are available to Magic Lasso via iTunes Connect. This information is opt-in and can be disabled on your device by following: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202100
- When paying for a Magic Lasso Pro subscription we may collect the email address associated with the subscription in order to provide support.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Magic Lasso does not collect any sensitive information.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
In some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Magic Lasso will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.